Businesses in Africa face opportunities from overall economic growth, but also challenges. Growing competition in several sectors will limit how companies can take advantage of domestic and regional growth.
To better prepare for challenges and take full advantage of growth opportunities, businesses must rethink the way they operate and look for new and innovative ways to get ahead.
The workshop provides the methodologies, tools and frameworks introduced in the best-selling book: Blue Ocean Strategy, participants will get a deeper understanding of BOS theory and concepts. Moreover, the fast pace and hands- on experience will build strong teamwork dynamics while sharpening participants’ strategic thinking in a fun, engaging way.
WHAT IS BLUE OCEAN STRATEGY?
Blue Ocean Strategy is the result of over 20 years of research by Professors W. Chan Kim and Renee Mauborgne of INSEAD. The professors studied over 150 strategic moves by companies between 1880 and 2000 across more than 30 industries to see what made some a success and some fail. This ground breaking research spawned the Blue Ocean Strategy concepts, analytical tools and frameworks that were first outlined in a series of Harvard Business Review articles and refined into the Harvard Business Press book Blue Ocean Strategy published in 2005.
Blue Ocean Strategy is the fastest selling book in Harvard Business School Press’ history with over 1 million copies sold in the first year and is now being published in a record-breaking 41 languages. The book remains one of the most successful business books of all time. Its creators (Professors Kim and Mauborgne) are currently ranked #2 world’s greatest business thinkers and were awarded the Nobel Colloquia prize. Blue Ocean Strategy is the international best practice in innovation strategy. It unshackles companies from the costly battles of head-to-head competition (red oceans) to find new channels to untapped demand and profitable growth (blue oceans).
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
The BOS Simulation Workshop is an intensive training programme where you will learn about Blue Ocean Strategy and more importantly, understand how you can use it in a business context. Over the course of two days, you will:
- Gain a solid understanding of Blue Ocean Strategy
- Understand the concepts, principles and frameworks surrounding Blue Ocean Strategy
- Test drive the Blue Ocean Strategy tools and frameworks on business simulation cases
- Evaluate the relevance of Blue Ocean Strategy to your organization and yourself
Adopting a highly practical and interactive approach to learning, you will be encouraged to actively participate through discussions and simulation exercises. A team of BOS certified practitioners will present to guide you and you will also have the opportunity to interact and share with peers from different industries. Besides learning a systematic approach to creating new practical ideas, you will also be awarded a Certificate of Attendance at the end of the programme.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Understand how you can use Blue Ocean Strategy to seek out new uncontested market
- Get a fresh perspective on your business through the systematic tools and Frameworks
- Reorient focus from competitors to alternatives
- Learn how to make your competition irrelevant by creating value for the noncustomers
- Stimulate creativity by questioning the accepted boundaries of the industry in a systematic way
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
BOS simulation workshop is excellent for participants in senior management positions related consulting, c-suite executives, senior managers, directors of strategy, sales and marketing managers, product managers, business unit managers, entrepreneurs and business development executives.
Join us if you are:
- Looking for ways to grow your business
- Seeking new customers and markets
- Trying to develop new and innovative ideas, products and opportunities
- Operating in a highly competitive and saturated industry
- Trying to take your business to the next level
- Seeking to enhance your operational efficiency
BOS SIMULATION WORKSHOP AGENDA
- Introduction to Blue Ocean Strategy thinking
- Understanding the current strategic profile
- Understanding pain points associated with customers
- Discovering new potential customer
- Systematically thinking out of the box
- Increasing buyer value and reducing cost through – Eliminating, Reducing, Raise and Create (ERRC)